Monday, August 22, 2011

Oh my....

We are finally experiencing summer here...yesterday was 29 and today's forecast is for 27...
I am not going to complain of the hot weather...even though really hot weather makes my head hurt :((
We really need the hot weather to dry things out...my potato patch is drowning in water...

I feel we are on the last days of summer...tomatoes need ripening...potatoes need their winter skins...carrots need to be made into some yummy carrots juice...

Right now apples are the top priority as they are falling off the tree...most of them will go into apple sauce and be frozen...I could process them and can them but I have the freezer space this year and it's just plain easier this way...apple juice could also be made but we are not really juice drinkers so that just might be a waist of time....my older kiddos loved drinking mamma's apple juice but the oldest is on her way to Halifax to attend University....hmmm...just a little too far to send her apple juice ...

School books are still not ordered....I am pretty sure we won't start until end September....the weather is just too nice to be cooped up in the house doing book work...we will save that for colder weather and for now do field trips and nature walks...and of course our beloved trips to the library.

This blog is still going to be put private...I would love for you to still drop by...
So keep watching...I am surely going to have things figured out sooner or later...

Have a great and blessed summer day


No comments: